2.13.2007

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)

Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each. -Thoreau

my days lately have been less than deliberate, not really savoring each moment or tasting my life... more of it has been in the world of my mind, a dream, really, whether in debating theoretical concepts or dreaming of what my future my hold (and which future of the many i envision i will take ahold of). i haven't been enjoying the way the sun comes in through the window, or the sounds on the wet street, or just being. in this, i see how silence and solitude allows one to experience life more fully... yet it is so hard. it is not that i want to live for the moment, but in the moment. when will i wake up? when will i learn to
love with an open heart
live with arms wide open
stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back

expect hope trust
love what is plentiful as much as what is scarce
be still and know

No comments: