10.27.2005

o Lord, our Lord, how majestic is Your Name in all the earth!
You have set Your glory above the heavens.
from the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise
because of Your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
when i consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which You have set in place,
what is man that You are mindful of him, the son of man that You care for him?
...psalm 8:1-4

where can i get the heart that has this cry? how do i dispose of my own prideful, self-centered attitude? how have i become so that i believe i deserve His care and His thoughts, that somehow i have arrived? i want to know how small i am, how insignificant, how tiny, how nothing without Him. i long to know His greatness, His beauty, His majesty, His power. i desire to see His stars and then understand my nothingness in comparison. how can i learn this awe for One who deserves more worship and glory than i can ever give? how can i know this in my heart instead of just in my head? Lord, teach me to fall to my knees, to be completely humbled before You and know how undeserving i am of Your amazing love.

No comments: