1.17.2006

"show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth;

the span of my years is as nothing before You.
each man's life is but a breath.
man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro:

he bustles about, but only in vain;
he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.
"but now, Lord, what do i look for? my hope is in You."

Psalm 39:4-7
...i've been thinking about this a lot this past week... on wednesday, our neighbor two doors down died... i didn't really know him at all, only met him twice i think, once selling some flowers for a mission trip and once taking my little sister trick-or-treating. on tuesday, i saw the ambulance pull up to the house and thought nothing of it. but i keep thinking about how short life is, how our worth can only be by God...



and because of the snow today, falling so prettily outside the window-seat view:
fall gently, snowflakes
cover me with white
cold icy kisses and
let me rest tonight.

maya angelou,
"woman work"

No comments: