4.08.2007

He is Risen ~ He is Risen indeed!

and so concludes my first and best easter vigil i can imagine... silence, prayer, meditation, candles, then bells, music, food, and wine. rejoice. in what, i am still unsure, but i am sure that there is cause for rejoicing. and tonight, as i sat and contemplated, i realized that as the first disciples met together after the death, they were just as confused and lost as i am... and i don't know that i'm ever going to figure it out, really, at least not all the way. because i know a little bit of what His life meant, what kind of a Kingdom or reign He was proclaiming, but what does that mean now that He has been killed? and how does His death bring life, stretch out to heal our broken world? and what, other than great rejoicing, is His resurrection? at times there are glimpses, but never a full picture. but i am overjoyed for the glimpses. i long to live for the glimpses again.

Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.

O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.

No comments: