10.03.2005

Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, "Come, let's go over to the outpost of those unricumcised fellows. Perhapst the Lord will act in our behalf. Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, wheter by many or by few."
"Do all that you have in mind," his armor-bearer said. "Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul."
Jonathan said, "Come, then; we will cross over toward the men and let them see us. If they say to us, 'Wait there until we come to you,' we will stay where we are and not go up to them. But if they say, 'Come up to us,' we will climb up, because that will be our sign that the Lord has given them into our hands."
1 Samuel 14:6-10

Like Jonathan, I want to take initiative, to respond to God's Word and call without hesitation, I want to trust His invitation, however crazy it may seem, I want to transform the moment. I want to choose based on faith instead of fear, I want to have advance faith that is not obedience if, I want to take the risk of trusting God to do something impossible, I want believe and act even when it doesn't make sense. I want to trust Him without abandon, to always know He is faithful and live like it. What a blessing and a witness to see Newsong, to hear the words of trust from Dave and Shelly. Their faith makes my heart soar, excites me, encourages me. That is the foundation a church should be based upon- total dependence on God, not human plans. Not knowing what's in store for next week, but knowing that God will provide, that He is faithful, that it's His thing and He will make it happen. To continue along with Him and watch His blessings flow through obedience.
And so I want to have the same trust in my own life for what God's doing there, even though I'm so afraid of the unknown, my trust in my unfailing, faithful, unconditionally-loving God is greater. And so I'll trust the sign He's given me.

No comments: