9.12.2006

yesterday, i buried one of the best friends i have ever had. today, i woke up with joy and hope. to me, this is a miracle.
the last few days have been good. it is so good to remember, to laugh, to cry, to be real. to spend time in others' lives, despite the sorrowful cause of celebration. it was so good to see my beautiful sister, who understands me and knows me because we have grown up in much of the same garden. to dance and do cartwheels and talk about living each moment completely.
my drive home today was beautiful. once matty told me his favorite weather was when the temperature was in the 50's, so you could play soccer or just be outside and not be too hot. i think he would have liked it today. along the highway, beautiful little wild sunflowers grew- some individually, and others in big plants, with 25 or 30 flowers on one plant. the yellowed soy leaves gave the look of fields of gold, and i felt loved.

to love another person is to see the face of God.

No comments: